DLRP Security

Started by RnRCj, September 30, 2007, 01:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

When I visited DLRP 19th-21st Spetember 07, I noticed that there were a lot of security people outside the parks.

Usually there is just the green tents with the staff that check your bags, but this time there were police with dogs, and army men with guns :shock:

I've never seen this before, does anybody know anything about it? :?:

Soap

Don't know more about it, but i also noticed it at my last visit.
Maybe just precaution? It's just the way of living nowadays...  :?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

-breeno-

I've seen the army men some times but i don't think i've seen police dogs.  One thing i have seen at DLRP was police on horses, has anyone eles seen them.

In answer to your question i think they're there because of the large crowd and stop something going ugly.  Not too sure though.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

mr gibbs

The 'army men with guns'  are Gendarmerie, a part of the French military police. Part of their job is to provide security at airports and other major rail terminals etc.
Its therfore quite normal to see them around marne la vallee station.
Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirate\'s life for me...!

WDI1992

They are indeed gouvernement operated so they actually have nothing to do with DLRP itself. They can just appear like that without former notice, mostly they're there when big crowds are expected, although that's not always true... but safety first for the Nr. 1 holiday destination in Europe... it's quite understandable due to the prescence of the Railway station. Nothing to worry about guys, just don't carry a gun when going to DLPR!  :wink:  :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

mtt

there were poilce with dogs everyday we were there too
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

Soap

Quote from: "WDI1992"They are indeed gouvernement operated so they actually have nothing to do with DLRP itself. They can just appear like that without former notice, mostly they're there when big crowds are expected, although that's not always true... but safety first for the Nr. 1 holiday destination in Europe... it's quite understandable due to the prescence of the Railway station. Nothing to worry about guys, just don't carry a gun when going to DLPR!  :wink:  :wink:

Argh...just bought a new one.... :cry:

:P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

tubbsy

And there was me thinkiing it was to stop Prince escaping with Belle! (Sorry Prince!)

Its such a sad state of affairs that we need this sort of security nowadays, but I am glad to see them as it makes me feel safe.
Plus a man in uniform = ......  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Soap

Quote from: "tubbsy"Plus a man in uniform = ......  :D

....compensating....???  :P

tubbsy

Nope, hubbys home at the moment and he looks very fine in his uniform too Soap. I just like a man in uniform.  :D Thats very worrying... is my whole marraige based on the fact he looks good in uniform?  :shock:  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Soap

Just joking Tubs  :P  Nothing personal ;)

tubbsy

:lol:  :lol: Thats alright, I knew :D
What a perk tho'. Disney and men in uniform. :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

loulou

i saw them too when i was there. its the first time ive seen guns @ the entrance to disneyland  and police on horses, i saw them @ my hotel (Santa Fe) they were everywhere, on a particular day everyway i turned i saw two mounted police around the corner, but they were the same two.

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
When you wish upon a star

TowMater

The dogs are there for checking bags for any drugs, etc.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Anthony

The resort hub is such a weird place, what with these army-style police and street sellers flogging kittens with glowing eyes.

They could do with the mounted police inside WDS to control the crush for Crush, or in DLP to knock any kids who sit on their parents shoulders during Candleabration... :P